What is RUDI?
RUDI commissions, researches and creates materials for professionals in the public and private sector. As part of a value-added membership service, we also identify and provide immediate access to significant studies, guidance, best practice and other documents contributed by professional and government bodies, practitioners, academics and community organisations.
RUDI was created in 1996 as a joint project under the UK's eLib (Electronic Libraries) Programme, set up following a review of university libraries by the UK Higher Education Funding Councils. Supported by a panel of independent editorial advisors, RUDI offers a unique combination of publishing expertise, practising professionals and academics and features more than 5,000 documents and more than 9,000 images.
• Latest news, tenders, awards, events and competition
• Examples of good practice and design guides
• length articles with references and links
• Access to all the latest policy papers
• Full text of Urban Design (UDG quarterly) magazine
• Classic texts, which are out of print
• Online bookshop with discounts on urban design titles
Our easily searchable archive of best practice projects includes:
• Housing schemes
• Public space design
• Design guides
• Streetscape enhancements
• Neighbourhood renewal
• Crime reduction
• Home Zones
• Traffic calming
• Public art
• Mixed use
• Pedestrian priority
and much more…